Monday, December 3, 2012

This Little Bump....

.....has been busy growing!




We'll have a new baby in our family in early May and we're so excited. This little one will be born here in Lux, of course. The pregnancy experience has already been so different than my experiences in the U.S., but they are very cautious about everything here. At this point, everything appears to be perfect! Here's a profile shot of our little one from this morning. The dr was trying to measure the nasal bone in this pic, so that's why there's a little line over the nose....




So far, my motherly intuition has been three for three- I've felt strongly about the genders of all of our kids long before we were able to "tell"- whether on an ultrasound or when we've waited til delivery. This time around I've felt so strongly that this baby is a boy and we'd be back to even numbers. Well, we had an ultrasound this morning and although the baby wasn't super willing to cooperate, so we never got the "perfect" shot, it appears that this time I am.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
WRONG! There goes my record;). It looks like we are turning into a family of mostly girls! Again, we're not 100% at this point, but the dr felt pretty confident declaring the baby to be a girl. At my next appointment, we'll get another peek (I have an ultrasound at every appointment here), and hopefully be able to confirm. I'd say we're 90% at this point.....

Here's another shot in 3D just cause she played around with it for a little while. This also a profile shot kind of looking from over the shoulder.



So far, we feel so blessed to have a healthy baby, regardless of the gender. Miss A is thrilled either way, and Mr. L and Miss H are pretty oblivious. We'll keep you posted.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Luxembourg, Luxembourg

3 comments:

  1. YAY!

    Congratulations, Elise! You look GREAT! I hope you have been feeling well and getting the rest you need. I'll be fascinated to hear your take on maternity care in Luxemberg vs. US. Will they let you birth in water? Pro natural?

    Is your Mom going to come out when baby comes? Are you so excited to add another girl to your family?? :)

    I'm so excited for you guys--wish we could sit down on your couch and just chat like old days...oh those good days. I just love you! Congratulations, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave to have a baby outside of the US. Let us know how the experiences compare. Will your mom or anyone else be able to come and help? Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I add that I'd love to hear, in great detail, how things are different! I'm very excited for you. Some days I am baby hungry, other days I am not, one day we can afford to try again! I am also glad you decided to find out the gender! Does your doc only speak French or Luxembourgish or do they parler anglais?

    So excited for you! You look fantastic Elise!

    ReplyDelete